TMCnet Contact Center Solutions Week in Review
Before jumping into what has been a busy week for the contact center solutions community, I’d like to make a full-throated pitch that you click on the Editor’s Choice article on sponsor Interactive Intelligence’s (News - Alert) CaaS Quick Spin demo. Seeing is believing. And, for everyone considering moving some or all of their operations to the cloud, being able to evaluate the experience and the value to be obtained is in a word invaluable. If it is either too hot where you are or too wet this weekend, click to take a test drive.
I also want draw your attention to a webinar won’t want to miss, “The New Mobile World: Changing the Way You’ll Service Your Customers,” or if you miss it live by all means review it later. TMCnet Contributor Tracey Schelmetic , in fact, has a nice piece on the issues that will be addressed.
Now for the news. As usual it covered a myriad of issues, challenges and all sorts of competitive developments. A good place to begin is with things relating to the cloud, mobility and the global nature of the industry.
As most of you know, this year marks the 30th anniversary of TMC covering customer interactions. Executive Editor Paula Bernier in recognition of this has been conducting a series of interviews with industry luminaries to get their thoughts on where we are and where will are going. This week you should enjoy her interview with Marty Beard, president and CEO of LiveOps (News - Alert) which looks at the cloud, CRM and customer care.
On the mobility front, Aspect Software introduced Aspect Workforce Mobile, a customizable mobile application for supervisors and managers of next-generation customer contact centers. And, in regards to global trends, a recent report said that China is showing impressive contact center growth, outpacing traditional leader India.
Vertical industry solutions highlighted other news:
- Interactive Intelligence had customer news for its CIC solution in with two financial services customers Loring Ward and National Datacare.
- Whaleback's CrystalBlue contact center was featured for helping SRS Medical improve the customer experience of its interactions with doctors and patients.
- PerformLine Technology was spotlighted for how it is assisting institutions of higher education comply with new U.S. federal regulations.
In other news there were more generic offerings announced as well as the achievement of an impressive milestone.
- Knowlagent announced that its RightTime solution facilitated the integration with the Workforce Management Software Group's (WFMSG) Community Workforce Management Solution. RightTime allows call centers to make use of the unproductive idle time to enhance agent productivity and performance.
- The UK government is preparing for future public health crises by awarding contracts to four call center services providers to create national health-related contact center operations in the case of a national emergency.
- ChemPoint.com selected Clarity (News - Alert) Connect from Clarity Consulting as it solution to handle small to medium business (SMB) contact centers with dispersed operations when the users have Microsoft (News - Alert) Lync.
Finally, the milestone was IPsoft’s celebration of successfully enabling automatic processes without any human intervention in about 10 million customer IT incidents.
Additional weekend viewing
Just a reminder to everyone, hopefully you have noted our update of the community with the addition of “Video Showcase.” This is a great place to pick up best practices, and other useful tips. Plus, do not forget to use all of the community’s resources —our glossary of terms, featured demo, eBook, podcasts, whitepapers. And, if you have not, please sign up for a free Contact Center Solutions eNewsletter.
Want to learn more about the latest in communications and technology? Then be sure to attend ITEXPO West 2012, taking place Oct. 2-5, in Austin, TX. ITEXPO (News - Alert) offers an educational program to help corporate decision makers select the right IP-based voice, video, fax and unified communications solutions to improve their operations. It's also where service providers learn how to profitably roll out the services their subscribers are clamoring for – and where resellers can learn about new growth opportunities. For more information on registering for ITEXPO click here.
Stay in touch with everything happening at ITEXPO. Follow us on Twitter.
Edited by Brooke Neuman