Smart Grid Technology Investment: Forecasts for 2012-2030
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gzgbhh/smart_grid) has announced the addition of the "Smart Grid Technology Investment: Forecasts for 2012-2030" report to their offering.
This report forecasts the key areas of capital and operational expenditure (capex and opex) of the world's uitlities in smart grids over the period 2012 to 2030. It includes technology spend forecasts, as well as regional and country-level breakdowns.
Around the world utilities will invest billions of dollars over the next 20 years in deploying their smart grids, creating opportunities for hardware, software and services companies worldwide. This report identifies the major areas of capital and operational expenditure, and pinpoints the key opportunities for technology suppliers along the smart grid value chain.
- Assessment of the drivers and barriers to smart grid deployment, and how these will influence market evolution.
- Identification of the principal areas of technology investment in the smart grid, in terms of capital and operational expenditure.
- Commentary on the key trends and drivers for each type of smart grid technology.
- Detailed global forecasts for investment in smart grid technologies over the period 2012 to 2030.
Questions answered by this report:
- How much will utilities worldwide invest in building their smart grids
- What are the key drivers and inhibitors of smart grid development
- How many smart meters will be installed, and where will they be rolled out most quickly
- How much will each smart grid technology segment be worth to suppliers in the coming years
- Which countries will spend the most on smart grid technologies, and why
- How much will it cost utilities to maintain and operate their smart grid infrastructure once it is installed
Who should buy this report:
- Smart meter manufacturers: Identify the top 20 countries in terms of smart meter investment between now and 2030.
- Distribution/substation automation vendors: Size the opportunity for grid automation technologies, and find out how much the repair and maintenance market will be worth.
- IT vendors: Discover how much utilities will spend on infrastructure management systems, billing and customer care systems, meter management systems and IT hardware to underpin their smart grids.
- Communications network suppliers: Find out how much utilities will invest on building and maintaining AMI communications networks.
- Public telecoms operators: Understand the value of the market for outsourced smart meters communications services provided over public networks.
- Investors: Identify which technology segments offer the greatest potential for suppliers, and how smart grid capex and opex will develop over time around the world.
Key Topics Covered:
Forecasts for capex and opex, presented by region and technology segment
Methodology and definitions
Tables, figures and data series included in this report:
- Total smart grid capex and opex by region, and further split by country for 20 major economies
Total global capex on:
- Smart meters
- Communications systems
- Distribution automation
- Substation automation
- IT systems
- Home area networking
- Consulting and systems integration
- Other (including project management and customer communications)
Total global opex on:
- Meter maintenance
- Communications maintenance
- Communications services (payment for capacity and traffic)
- Distribution/substation automation
- IT maintenance
- Ongoing service management (customer services, marketing, etc.)
Regional forecasts are included for:
- Central and Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- North America
The forecasts are presented in an Excel annex, as well as in selected cases as charts in the report.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gzgbhh/smart_grid
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Power (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp cat_id=47&campaign_id=gzgbhh)
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com)).
(c) 2012 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Back To Contact Center Solutions's Homepage ]