Two robbers killed in shootout with police in Quezon province
MANILA, Jun 26, 2009 (Asia Pulse Data Source via COMTEX) --
Two members of an organized crime group operating in Quezon province were gunned down in a shootout with police operatives in Pagbilao town before dawn today.
Chief Superintendent Perfecto Palad, director of the CALABARZON Police Regional Office (PRO), identified the slain suspects as Randy Obal, a resident of Barangay 10, Pantok, Lucena City, and Eric Banayado, of Little Baguio, Lucena City.
Palad said the two suspects are active members of the notorious Sadam Group engaged in robbery hold-up and other criminal activities in Quezon province and nearby areas.
Palad said the two were riding in tandem on board a motorcycle when they engaged a police patrol unit of Regional Mobile Group led by Inspector Ray Mendoza in a running gunbattle along the Pagbilao-Tayabas Road in Barangay Bukal, Pagbilao, Quezon at 1 a.m. today.
The slain suspects yielded a caliber .45 pistol and a caliber .38 revolver.
Palad said the suspects were involved in a series of criminal activities in the province including the robbery/hold up of P1.6-million teachers? bonus in Mauban, Quezon last May 21; robbery of a rice mill in Macalelon, Quezon in March 2009; robbery of firearms and jewelry of a retired PNP member in Tayabas, Quezon; robbery/hold up of a merchant in Gumaca pier in December 2008; robbery/hold up of a couple on Nov. 2, 2008; robbery hold up in Krisanta Villa, Pagbilao, Quezon in late 2008; robbery/hold up of a rural bank in Pagbilao and a hardware store in Candelaria last year, Palad said.
Last Thursday, Quezon police operatives gunned down three members of another criminal gang in Tiaong, Quezon. The three slain suspects who remain unidentified bore Sputnik tattoos and were armed with handguns.
[ Back To Contact Center Solutions's Homepage ]