TMCnet Contact Center Solutions Week in Review
This being the end of the year, it’s not surprising that much of the activities in the Contac Center Solutions Community revolved around predictions and advice. In fact, while I made mention of this last week, I’m going to give another plug for the interview I conducted with community host, Interactive Intelligence (News - Alert) CMO Joe Staples, at the end of last week. You’re sure to find his observations about the year past and what lies ahead thought-provoking.
Now to those other insights. Six are worth noting:
- Take a careful read of an Aberdeen Group’s Omer Minkara as he looks at the year ahead in contact center solutions.
- TechNavio's report on the global enterprise PaaS market, 'The Global Enterprise PaaS Market 2011-2015,' is now available.
- There is an interesting post as to why changes in the insurance industry are demand the use of new technologies for things like improving customer interactions.
- Along similar lines, you are sure to find out why the gains are worth the headaches when refreshing legacy IT Systems.
- Frost & Sullivan (News - Alert) recently released a new report, revealing that the Asia-Pacific Contact Center Applications Market registered more than 13-percent growth in 2011. Although the market for contact centers in the Asia-Pacific region continues to grow, organizations are now focusing on improved customer service to differentiate themselves from their competitors.
- The changing nature of customer requirements means that having only phone interactions will not be sufficient for success going forward. Multi-channel approaches will be needed in 2013.
In other industry news, there were some interesting items concerning using the cloud to bring enhanced contact center solutions to SMBs, the great performance of one virtual contact center during Hurricane Sandy, industry recognition and a whimsical look at how online dating for seniors is the ultimate communication as a service.
In short, take a look at the following:
- Ringo is aggressively pursuing bringing cloud-based contact centers to SMBs.
- You should be impressed by the performance of Five9's (News - Alert) virtual contact center in NJ during Hurricane Sandy.
- TMCnet Contributor Steve Anderson highlights why online dating for single seniors is the ultimate Communications as a Service (CaaS).
- Last but not least is the fact that Bright named Shop Direct one of the top call centers in Europe.
Weekend and holiday reading
If you’re looking for some extra reading over the holidays the resources of the community are rich in content and are constantly being updated with new videos, whitepapers on a variety of subjects.
Catch up on the recent webinar, Best Practices for Evaluating a New Contact Center Solution: Leading Analysts Share Their Insight and Research, as well as the webinar, The Call Center is Dead, Long Live the Contact Center! if you were not able to join them.
Happy New Year!
Want to learn more about the latest in communications and technology? Then be sure to attend ITEXPO Miami 2013, Jan 29- Feb. 1 in Miami, Florida. Stay in touch with everything happening at ITEXPO (News - Alert). Follow us on Twitter.