TMCnet Contact Center Solutions Week in Review
November 17, 2012
There was a broad range of Contact Center Solutions activities this week, so it seems like starting with some industry recognition would be nice as we in the U.S. head into the Thanksgiving holiday.
First, community host Interactive Intelligence (News - Alert) received the Frost & Sullivan award as “Emerging Vendor of the Year in Asia Pacific,” which is part of the research firm’s Best Practices Award Program. F&S also hand Agilent Technologies, which offers measurement tools, and award for excellent customer service. Agilent employs 20,000 employees who serve customers in more than 100 countries. Verint (News - Alert) secured a “Leaders” quadrant position in Gartner's evaluation of the contact center workforce optimizationanalytics software space. sector. And, Calabrio (News - Alert) was positioned by Gartner among “Visionary Vendors” also in recognition for its innovation in the contact center workforce optimization and
There were plenty of partnerships to report on:
- Interactive Intelligence named unified communications company VXi, based on its VXi's UC ProSet headsets, as a new partner.
- Cloud-based customer service software provider Zendesk announced a partnership with eBay (News - Alert) company Magento who will help deliver a fully-integrated and comprehensive customer service solution for eCommerce.
- ForeSee a global provider of customer experience analytics announced a partnership with Branding Brand a mobile solutions platform that powers mobile commerce sites and apps.
In the new product and services area:
- Enghouse Interactive (News - Alert), a specialist in interaction management solutions, unveiled iAgent, the next-generation agent application for contact centers.
- SoundBite Communications enhanced its contact center compliance suite.
- Votacall had a timely announcement given Hurricane Sandy and the subsequent nor’easter in the U.S. with delivery of a cloud-based VoIP solution with a built-in disaster recovery plan for National Development, a New England-based real estate development and property management firm.
The industry’s health got an exclamation point with the announcement that The Warranty Group, a global provider of service contracts and related benefits with operations in over 30 countries, opened a new call center facility in Champaign, Illinois, to accommodate the additional call volumes the company is currently experiencing. Plus, Altitude Software opened a new office in Dusseldorf, Germany to tap opportunities in German contact center market. In fact, according to estimates, Germany has the largest contact center market in the Eurozone with almost 7,000 contact centers nationwide, and the sector has recorded a 10 percent annual agent growth rate over the past 10 years.
We also had some interesting thought leadership items this week. TMCnet Contributor Tracey Schelmetic looked at how VoIP in tandem with good analytics can turn contact centers into profit centers. Tracey also looked at the necessity of tracking forecasts to ensure that planning efforts for the staffing and operation of call centers are accurate.
Finally, the posting by guest columnist, Anand Gonuguntla, CEO at Centina Systems, Inc., is a thought provoking look at why correlating cross-technology network performance data with customer information in order to gain a comprehensive, end-to-end view of service performance and customer experience, is a key to success.
As always I have a few items for weekend review if you have a chance. First, I think you will enjoy my article from a few weeks back, “Who Owns the Customer Experience? Hint, Customers Do.” Plus, the community is filled with updated materials which include new videos, whitepapers and podcasts on a variety of subjects. In fact, the “Ask the Experts” piece on excelling at mobile customer service is very interesting.
Highly recommend also is the recently concluded webinar, Best Practices for Evaluating a New Contact Center Solution: Leading Analysts Share Their Insight and Research, as well as the webinar, The Call Center is Dead, Long Live the Contact Center!
And, please don’t’ forget to that more focused information is available on our affiliated channels — Accounts Receivable Management, Business Process Automation, CaaS, Cloud-based Contact Centers and Insurance Technology.
Want to learn more about the latest in communications and technology? Then be sure to attend ITEXPO Miami 2013, Jan 29- Feb. 1 in Miami, Florida. Stay in touch with everything happening at ITEXPO. Follow us on Twitter.