TMCnet Contact Center Solutions Week in Review
August 11, 2012
The Contact Center Solutions community this week again saw lots of news coming out of Interactive Intelligence (News - Alert) that is worthy of attention. In fact, the company ended this week with what I think is an important acquisition with the announcement that effective August 1, they have purchased Bay Bridge (News - Alert), a Maryland-based provider of long-term forecasting and planning technology specifically geared to contact centers.
Other Interactive Intelligence news saw the company garnering the IP Contact Center Market Challenger PilotHouse award from Nemertes Research beating out major competitors based on end-user ratings. And, they released an updated version of their popular Interaction Process Automation (IPA) software.
In other industry news there was a truly eclectic mix:
- AlarmSystemReport.com, has a new key performance indicator for the home security industry as it focuses on customer reviews as consumers learn to do their research on review sites and support companies that have better track records in customer service.
- Magnetic North is helping the UK's G4S manage its peak call center demand challenges.
- IT and communications service provider EarthLink Inc. added some features to its myLink self-service customer control point. myLink empowers customers with a wealth of self-service applications, reporting and management features and provides a more streamlined and efficient customer experience.
- prairieFyre Software, a Microsoft (News - Alert) Gold Certified Communications and Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Partner completed interoperability testing of the prairieFyre Contact Center for Microsoft Lync with the Network Equipment Technologies (News - Alert) (NET) Unified Exchange (UX) 2000 All-in-One Survivable Branch Appliance (SBA).
- TMCnet Contributor Tracey Schelmetic reported on a very exciting development from Narian Technologies who is launching what it's calling "the next generation in customer service" involving the use of near-field communications (NFC) tags.
Finally, HP launched new services to help clients optimize contact center operating efficiency by leveraging new business process consulting, analytics, and implementation services.
More weekend viewing
As I have been doing for several weeks, I want to again endorse our addition of “Video Showcase” to the community. Plus, please avail yourself of everything the community has to offer including: the glossary of terms, featured demos, eBooks, podcasts, and whitepapers. And, if you have not, be sure to sign up for a free Contact Center Solutions eNewsletter. Plus, be sure to check out the latest news on the community’s affiliated channels — Accounts Receivable Management, Business Process Automation, CaaS, Cloud-based Contact Centers and Insurance Technology.
Want to learn more about the latest in communications and technology? Then be sure to attend ITEXPO West 2012, taking place Oct. 2-5, in Austin, TX. Stay in touch with everything happening at ITEXPO (News - Alert). Follow us on Twitter.