TMCnet Contact Center Solutions Week in Review
July 07, 2012
This week we were privileged to have not one but three guests provided the contact center solutions community with their insights.
Our first contribution was from Shaheen Haque Territory Manager, Middle East & Turkey at Interactive Intelligence (News - Alert), who explained how technology can increase staff retention rates. In celebration of 30 years of covering customer interactions, TMC (News - Alert) Executive Editor Paula Bernier interviewed Dennis DeGregor, worldwide CRM executive at HP for some fascinating insights on customer experience. And, TMCnet Special Guest Liz Elting, co-CEO at TransPerfect, delved into the importance of being having multi-lingual capabilities in order to provide all of your customers with great experiences.
I also recommend a thought piece that I contributed on customer experience, a phrase that means many things to different people, and why being more precise with the language that we use is important. And, before getting to industry news, if you have not done so, I highly recommend a test drive of the cloud via Interactive Intelligence’s CaaS Quick Spin demo. You should also find Forrester (News - Alert) Research’s “Playbook” for customer service excellence a very handy reference item.
Now to the news of the week which as usual covered a variety of deals, capabilities and awards:
- Gen-i , an Australian ICT consulting, professional services and managed services firm, got a nice renewal from Commonwealth Bank (CBA) for contact center services.
- Texas-based contact center provider ,Voice4net’s new "Contact Center HD" provides contact center applications that are simple and easy to use with no need for any documentation or training, similar to today's intuitive smartphone and tablet applications.
- TMCnet Contributor Tracey Schelmetic featured the Interactive Intelligence’s release of an enhanced version (SU1) of its flagship all-in-one IP communications software suite, Customer Interaction Center (CIC) 4.0. Enhancements include broader Web administration functionality, site-specific administration for multisite organizations and some enhanced reporting features,
- Local exchange carrier, Fibernetics Corporation selected Telax Hosted Call Center's Metaswitch integrated contact center solution to replace an aging ACD system.
- The Zulty Flex Communicator, which enables integration between third-party business applications like CRM systems and the Zultys MX Unified Communications (News - Alert) system, was introduced.
- If you're an avid golfer you are likely familiar with vacation planning site Golfbreaks.com. Read about how it is transforming its booking process and customer service as demand for its services have expanded.
As TMCnet Contributor Sujata Garud detailed, a recent survey by Noble Systems (News - Alert) Corporation revealed that approximately 40 percent of respondents are exposed to non-compliance risk. These companies are yet to employ a process or engage a partner dedicated to helping them remain compliant with state and federal regulations that govern customer contact activities.
Finally of note was TMC’s Customer Interaction Solutions magazine’s recent awarding of the 2012 Contact Center Technology Pioneer Award.
If you, like I, enjoy obtaining information from looking at videos, please be sure to check out the latest addition to our community, “Video Showcase.” Along with all of the other valuable resources on the community —our glossary of terms, featured demo, eBook, podcasts, whitepapers —the videos are a terrific addition to your knowledge base. And, if you have not, please sign up for a free Contact Center Solutions eNewsletter.
Want to learn more about the latest in communications and technology? Then be sure to attend ITEXPO West 2012, taking place Oct. 2-5, in Austin, TX. ITEXPO offers an educational program to help corporate decision makers select the right IP-based voice, video, fax and unified communications solutions to improve their operations. It's also where service providers learn how to profitably roll out the services their subscribers are clamoring for – and where resellers can learn about new growth opportunities. For more information on registering for ITEXPO click here.
Stay in touch with everything happening at ITEXPO. Follow us on Twitter.