Contact Center Solutions Week in Review
This week in the Contact Center Solutions Community was unusual because it was heavier than normal with industry recognition and a few highly visible executive moves.
I wanted to start with a flashback to the end of last week and my Editor’s Choice article on the importance of Dec. 7 as the date the 844 area code for Toll-Free telephone numbers became available. In case you missed it, this is a first come, first-served affair for obtaining so-called vanity numbers and hopefully you were aware and took action. I cannot promise you your choice is available but like the lottery you have to be in it to win it.
With that as hopefully a helpful reminder, the next place to turn attention is to the recognition given community host Interactive Intelligence this past week. It included: being honored by TMC (News - Alert) with a prestigious Cloud Computing Excellence Award; and earning the enviable title of being one of the Best Places to work in the United States and being honored with the Glassdoor Employees' choice award (ranking seventh with a 4.3 company rating out of a possible 5).
As noted there were also some executive appointments this past week of note. Mitel (News - Alert) appointed Chuck Krogman as U.S. vice president of contact center sales. Interactive Intelligence (News - Alert) added three Vice Presidents to further boost its presence in the cloud communications infrastructure, support and service business. Ray Cappola, Steven Vaughan and Jose Martinez will join the organization bringing in a combined experience of 48 years to Interactive Intelligence's Communications as a Service (CaaS) business.
In other industry news:
- Afni, a contact center service provider, stated it satisfaction with the benefits I has obtained from deploying Intradiem's intraday workforce management solutions.
- Kenshoo announced new contracts to add call tracking partners for Kenshoo Local Call Conversion Optimization (CCO) solution in a move widening the global footprint for the phone call tracking and optimization resources.
- Kalibrr announced it raised $1.9 million to support its debut in the Philippines' BPO sector.
- B2X Care Solutions, a provider of customer care for electronic devices, recently announced it is the exclusive customer care partner for all brands from Bullitt Group, a company that designs, manufactures, markets and sells smart mobile phones and consumer electronics in partnership with global brands.
- Costa Vida is using OpenTell Customer Reviews to bolster it online reputation, something that as the growth of social media and multi-channel contact center highlights is something that solutions providers need to be aware of.
The rest of the industry news this week was a real hodgepodge. In fact, while it contained the usual insights and advice it also contained a new report that highlighted that customer dissatisfaction is at an all time high. On a more positive note, research firm Frost & Sullivan (News - Alert) is out with a new report on the EMEA region that shows how the contact center systems business is growing regionally in the face of strong headwinds. Also on a positive note, Contact Solution is out with a new report on how mobile operators are gearing up their customer care spending to meet what they know is a continuation in the explosion of mobile devices and people who need questions answered. And, we have some advice on how to reduce agent attrition rates.
I wanted to close the review of contributions this week with my favorite item which everyone should enjoy. It is by TMCnet Special Guest David Baker, SVP of Sales & Business Development at Servion Global Solution who describes himself as a loyal but frustrated shopper. It is his shopping wish list entitled "All I Want for Christmas is a Better Customer Experience."
Weekends are for catching up and the resources accessible from the community home page are a great way to stay up-to-date on our industry. The resources are constantly being updated, with videos, white papers, access to demos etc. And, for detailed information on specific areas of interest, our affiliated channels — Accounts Receivable Management, Business Process Automation, CaaS, Cloud-based Contact Centers and Insurance Technology — are places to visit frequently and bookmark.
I will close as I have in the past few weeks in mentioning the recent webinar, “A Practical Guide for Moving Your Contact Center to the Cloud.” If for some reason you missed it, the event featured Drew Kraus, Research Vice President, Gartner (News - Alert); Donna Fluss, president, DMG Research, and Joe Staples, chief marketing officer, Interactive Intelligence. It was one to keep handy.