Contact Center Solutions Week in Review
This week in the Contact Center Solutions Community saw an unusually wide variety of activities representing the community’s ever expanding scope.
However, before getting to the items on customer implementations, industry reports, etc., I wanted to draw your attention to December 7th. While it may not be a day that lives in infamy, the reason I made it the Editor’s Choice this week is because that is the day that the 844 block of Toll-Free numbers will be released from public consumption by the North American Numbering Plan Administration (NANPA). And, while getting you vanity number will be on a first come, first-served basis, given the value of such numbers if this is on your action item list you need to get moving.
A good place to start this week is with items that sought to answer some questions. For example, you may wish to find out about:
- How to avoid the most common pitfalls in a contact center launch.
- Where to get a good tool like the SandSIV for obtaining better voice of the customer surveys.
- How effective yoursales analytics are and what to do if they are not.
- Whether you are getting maximum value out of your IVR.
In other industry news there were some new capabilities of note that covered as noted above a rather broad range of capabilities. These included:
- Chango, a programmatic advertising platform that connects marketers with their exact target audience has signed a partnership with Twitter (News - Alert) to enable marketers with new and powerful targeting options using "tailored audiences."
- WestWon, an online leasing company, announced it will be providing leasing finance to a leading healthcare company for a customer relationship management (CRM) solution supplied by Wizard Systems, a Bristol software solutions reseller.
- Cisco (News - Alert) introduced a browser-based health and wellness collaboration solution, Cisco Extended Care that lets patients interact with their care giver teams from any remote location such as the office or home.
- Azzurri, a provider of contact center communications solutions and software, has just made Expert Router a default feature of its own Callmedia contact center software.
There were two market research studies that point to interesting developments in the industry that are now available. Frost & Sullivan (News - Alert) is out with a report on how increased app functionality is widening the scope of contact center interactions and is driving contact center systems sales in EMEA.
growth and transformation is being driven by the need to become multi-channel in order to improve customer engagement and the overall customer experience, research firm Frost & Sullivan is out with a look at the contact center systems market in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) that validates this. And, Datamark, is out with a whitepaper that looks at the top social, Web, onshore and near-shore outsourcing top contact center trends in 2014.
The rest of the industry news was eclectic in nature. For example we highlighted a case study that has some general lessons to be learned how a Minnesota car dealer was using the Xtime Service Retention Platform to improve service sales and show rates. Australia-based Call Design will be joining Aspect Software's North America channel partner program. In another vertical market of interest, US-Moving.com is offering more powerful customer support to enable people to get more information about authentic and professional moving agencies, moving quotes, guides etc.?
Finally, community host Interactive Intelligence (News - Alert) scored a nice piece of business with the announcement that U.S. nationwide call center services provider Ansafone has deployed Interactive’s all-in-one IP communications software suite.
A quick reminder that the weekend is a good time to catch up on industry news and insights, and that the resources accessible from the community home page are a great way to stay up-to-date. The resources are constantly being updated, with videos, white papers, access to demos etc., all aimed at keeping you in the know.
Plus, for detailed information on specific areas of interest, our affiliated channels — Accounts Receivable Management, Business Process Automation, CaaS, Cloud-based Contact Centers and Insurance Technology — are places to visit frequently and bookmark.
In closing, you need to download the recent webinar, “A Practical Guide for Moving Your Contact Center to the Cloud,” if you missed it. The event featured Drew Kraus, Research Vice President, Gartner; Donna Fluss, president, DMG Research, and Joe Staples (News - Alert), chief marketing officer, Interactive Intelligence. It was one you are likely to use as a resource for quite some time.