TMCnet Contact Center Solutions Week in Review
First, for those in the U.S., Thanksgiving has truncated our work week, and we at TMCnet would like to wish you and your families a happy holiday. Judging by the amount of news in just the past few days, the industry certainly has a lot to be thankful for, not just this week but for the year.
The best place to start is with my coverage of what is what is sure to be a major trend in the coming year, the expansion of vendor ecosystems with the opening or extension of “app stores” for their foundational platforms. Community host Interactive Intelligence (News - Alert) is once again leading the way with the introduction of Interactive Intelligence Marketplace, which will be open for business in December and features over 36 internally developed and third-party apps.
Expect the rest of the industry to be if not fast-followers, certainly imitators.
Before getting to developments in new products and services, you might also wish to look at some findings about market trends. This includes:
- Dimension Data’s 2012 Benchmark Report, which examines six important business areas and offers users access to more than 350 performance metrics based on info collected from 600 contact centers in 72 countries is out, and is a good way to gauge how your operations stack up.
- TMCnet Contributor Tracey Schelmetic reported on a new study by workforce optimization provider Verint which found that 32 percent of customers share customer service experiences via social media. In other words, focusing on improving the customer experience is critical to your brand reputation.
- Tracey also detailed Gartner Group’s “Nexus of Forces” formulation thanks to the combination of social interaction, mobility and cloud computing.
And speaking of industry recognition, in the sometimes overlooked but crucial lead generation management sector, Leads360 has been ranked in Deloitte's 2012 Technology Fast 500 List.
Other industry news included:
- Some NYC residents accusing New York's 911 call center of failing them during Hurricane Sandy, an accusation which Mayor Michael Bloomberg (News - Alert) immediately denied when he stated the over $1 billion upgrade to the system worked very well considering the unprecedented call volumes it was able to handle.
- Automated testing company Cyara published a customer success story on a recent IVR and contact center technology upgrade for a major financial institution.
- Supporting over 50 clients with nearly 1000 employees, Roseburg, Oregon-based First Call Resolution (FCR) – a call center services company upgraded its customer interactions capabilities with the help of local cloud-based provider Rio Networks.
- The proper handling of customer interactions can cost time, money and ultimately customer loyalty. This is why Gfk User Centric has developed a way for contact centers to spend their human capital in the least wasteful way possible.
- UK's C3 launched a new version of Fusion IVR that includes the addition of a call center application that can transform the most basic IVR service into a fully-functioning call center, simply by dragging and dropping the node set to the relevant point in the script.
- Tadiran (News - Alert) Telecom announced that the Chinese State Grid power has certified the company's Aeonix UC&C solution for use in China.
Weekend and holiday reading
If you have the time for some industry reading during for what many of us will be a long weekend, I would first recommend my article from a few weeks back, “Who Owns the Customer Experience? Hint, Customers Do.” Plus, the community is filled with updated materials which include new videos, whitepapers and podcasts on a variety of subjects. In fact, it would be a great time to take the Web out for a QuickSpin.
And if you’re a Microsoft Lync customer, download the featured whitepaper from the community on integrating Lync with Interactive Intelligence’s CIC.
Other recommended items includes: The “Ask the Experts” item on mobile customer service; the recently concluded webinar, Best Practices for Evaluating a New Contact Center Solution: Leading Analysts Share Their Insight and Research, as well as the webinar, The Call Center is Dead, Long Live the Contact Center!
In addition, don’t forget that more focused information is available on our affiliated channels – Accounts Receivable Management, Business Process Automation, CaaS, Cloud-based Contact Centers and Insurance Technology.
Want to learn more about the latest in communications and technology? Then be sure to attend ITEXPO Miami 2013, Jan 29- Feb. 1 in Miami, Florida. Stay in touch with everything happening at ITEXPO (News - Alert). Follow us on Twitter.